How to Make Your Website Work Harder for You
Discussing the use of WordPress and strategies to enhance website engagement
Written by Mary Williams – Writer, Content Creator, Website Designer and Business Owner in Bristol & Bath.
Once upon a time, in the bustling marketplace of the internet, a small business owner named Tom was on a quest. Tom, like many of you, juggled a million tasks daily. Between doing the work coming in, managing stock and supplies, answering customer queries, and trying to make sense of marketing – Tom’s website was more of an online placeholder than a working asset to attract people to grow his business. It was down the bottom of his list and not top of his priorities.
Then, Tom discovered the magic of WordPress and a few little-known strategies that turned the site from a silent salesman into the hardest-working employee. Let’s look into this tale and unearth how you, too, can make your website work harder for you.
Get my Free Marketing Emails – Sign up Now
The WordPress Wizardry
WordPress isn’t just a web design platform – it’s a powerhouse you can use to create any website design you desire. Over 39.5% of all websites use it, not just for its ease but for its flexibility.
The first step in our journey is understanding that WordPress isn’t just for blogging – it’s a fully customisable tool that can transform your website into a dynamic engagement machine.
1. Plugins that Push the Boundaries: Start with plugins like ‘Yoast SEO’ for search engine optimisation and ‘MonsterInsights’ to connect with Google Analytics. These aren’t just tools; they’re your guides in the dark forest of digital marketing, showing you who visits your site, what they look at, and how they interact with your content.
2. Themes that Talk: Choose a theme that speaks to your brand and audience. Your website is your digital storefront, so make it inviting, engaging, and, most importantly, reflective of your unique brand, business and who you are.
Engagement Strategies Beyond the Norm
Now, let’s delve into strategies that many overlook but are golden nuggets in enhancing website engagement.
1. Storytelling with Data: People love stories, and numbers tell some of the best ones. Use plugins to create interactive charts and graphs. Show your customers how your products or services have improved others’ lives with actual data. It’s not just about testimonials; it’s about showing the journey of success your clients can relate to.
2. Gamification for Growth: Introduce elements of gamification. Whether it’s a simple progress bar showing how close they are to a discount or a full-fledged loyalty program, making interactions fun can significantly boost engagement.
3. Chatbots, not just for Chatting: Use AI-driven chatbots to answer questions and guide visitors through your site, offer personalised recommendations, and even gather feedback.
Marketing With A Helping Hand
If you are overwhelmed by being online and marketing , you don’t have to travel alone.
My Type of People Marketing in Bristol and Bath, headed by Mary Williams, specialises in helping small businesses and sole traders like you navigate the complex world of website design and marketing. She understands your unique challenges and have the expertise to make your website not just another URL but a destination your customers love visiting.
Conclusion – Your Website, Your Hardest Working Employee
Transforming your website from a static page into a dynamic, engaging platform is more than just a necessity; it’s an opportunity to connect, convince, and convert visitors into loyal customers. With the right mix of WordPress wizardry and engagement strategies, your website will work tirelessly, even while you sleep.
And remember – when running a business in a world that works and evolves online, the journey never truly ends. So, as you contemplate your next marketing move – ask yourself, are you ready to make your website your hardest-working employee?
Are you looking to get help with your website design in Bristol (or anywhere!), writing and marketing? Contact me today to discover how my tailored website design and expert marketing help can elevate your online presence. I work in Bristol, Bath and across the UK.
And please sign up for my free marketing newsletter for market insights, regular blogs & valuable tips to help grow your marketing knowledge.
A special request – Please share my article online and like my social media pages if you like this article. Thanks so much for your support. ❤️